Beautiful Porcelain Veneers in Basalt & Aspen, CO
Veneers are made of thin porcelain shells that are bonded over your teeth to recreate the natural beauty of your smile. This permanent, cosmetic treatment can help boost your self-esteem, as well as improve your abilities to eat and speak again.
Each porcelain veneer will be custom-made to the contour of your teeth and then bonded through an easy procedure that’s completed within just two visits. Drs. Van Gorden and Steinbach will help determine if this treatment is the optimal choice for you at your consultation.
Reasons You Might Need Veneers
Veneers are a remarkable cosmetic treatment that can completely enhance the beauty of your smile and provide you with more confidence than ever before.
Generally, we use porcelain veneers to correct the following problems:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Discolored, yellow teeth
- Worn-down teeth
- Misaligned, uneven teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- The veneers process first begins at your consultation with Dr. Van Gorden or Dr. Steinbach to discuss your smile goals. During this visit, we’ll examine your teeth to ensure veneers are right for you.
- We’ll proceed by cleaning your teeth and matching the right color for your veneers with your natural teeth so they can blend in seamlessly with your smile.
- If your teeth are sensitive, we’ll then provide you with a local anesthetic to numb your mouth so we can shave off a small amount of enamel. This allows Drs. Van Gorden and Steinbach to take impressions of your teeth.
- After taking impressions of your teeth, we’ll provide you with a temporary veneer while we send off your model to a dental lab who will custom-craft your new veneers.
- Once your porcelain veneers are made, you’ll return to our office so we can remove your temporary veneers, clean off your teeth, apply the adhesive, and precisely attach them to your natural teeth.
- Drs. Van Gorden or Steinbach will remove any excess dental cement, ensure the veneers fit beautifully on your teeth, and examine your bite to see if any final adjustments are needed.
Aftercare for Your Veneers
After your veneers treatment is complete, we may have you return for a follow-up appointment within a few weeks. We’ll check to see if the veneers still fit comfortably and ensure they aren’t affecting your gums.
Once we confirm your veneers look flawless, you’ll be able to beam your new smile for years to come. Although veneers don’t last forever, they do have the capability of maintaining their beauty for up to 20 years with proper oral hygiene.
Veneers require the same type of care as your natural teeth-- brushing twice a day, flossing at least once a day, and rinsing with mouthwash. We recommend using a non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste so you don’t scratch them. Try to reduce the amounts of staining foods and drinks you consume as well.
Are You Ready for Your New Smile?
If you’re ready to attain a perfect new smile that’s no longer damaged by cracks, discoloration, or gaps, then veneers are a remarkable solution for you. Give our Basalt office a call today if you have any questions about the treatment process, or you can simply schedule your consultation by filling out a contact form.