Even though we are emerging on a different world within our community and our dental practice, we couldn’t be happier that we are finally able to reopen our doors to all of you. We have been comforted and humbled by the compassionate and encouraging messages we’ve received from so many of you, it’s truly been our soul food!
Please know as hard as we’ve tried to create one, there is no well-defined template on how this is supposed to go, and trust that we are going to be constantly observing and assessing our process to ensure we are taking care of you and our team. We’ve racked our brains over the past few weeks trying to come up with a way that will allow re-entry to be as seamless and as accommodating as possible for all of you, but we’ve finally come to the realization there are going to be bumps in the road.
We also know that, for many, there is a lingering level of anxiety and fear about contracting CV-19 and that you will still want to take all the necessary precautions to protect yourself and your family. We feel the same way about ourselves and team and we want you to know that we always have done everything possible to minimize the risk of exposure to any diseases in our office.
As we are a total health and wellness-focused dental practice we also know how essential dental treatment is to overall health and a strong immune system, and we don’t want anything to get in the way of you getting any necessary treatment. Thus, we have the following requests and have taken the following steps to protect our patients and staff. (Please note that in protecting you, we are protecting ourselves – and in protecting ourselves we will be protecting you.)
- Please do not come to your appointment if you are experiencing any symptoms of CV-19, cold, or flu.
- Please fill out your wellness screening form you will receive via text. If you do not receive one the day before your appointment contact our office ASAP and a screening form will be sent to your email.
- You must wear a face-covering to and from the office and in all common areas. This even applies to children over the age of two. Unfortunately, due to the limited amount of personal protective equipment available, we cannot provide one for you.
- Please wait outside until you receive a text or phone call from us stating your treatment room is ready for you. Patience with this one, please! In these initial stages we may run behind schedule, but please “arrive” to your appointment on time in case we don’t. If we are running significantly behind schedule we will text you and let you know.
- Upon entering the office please clean your hands with hand sanitizer located at the front desk.
- Once in your treatment room your oxygen saturation will be measured as it is much more accurate than temperature checks in the early detection of CV-19
- You will also rinse with ozonated water which kills viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens present in your mouth upon contact.
In reality, Elevate Dental Wellness was ready for CV-19 before we even knew what CV-19 was! Because our office is Mercury Safe, we’ve always provided additional safety precautions that non-mercury safe offices do not. Our high-speed suction equipment and other vacuum systems provide an additional level of protection between our patients and team. These systems capture and filter saliva, vapors, and particles that are a normal part of most dental procedures. Previously, these protocols were used while providing safe mercury removal, but now moving forward, we’ll be using these protocols for all patients receiving dental treatment.
We will continue with our impeccable infection control practices we’ve had since day one, our air filtration units in our reception area and treatment rooms will be dialed up, we’ll be diffusing anti-viral essential oils throughout the office, and each night our entire office will be decontaminated with ozone which ensures the cleanest space possible for you to share your time with us.
For the 100th time, we can’t wait to see you, we haven’t looked this forward to a Monday morning in a long time! You will see some old faces behind masks, you’ll see some new faces behind masks, but know that we are all smiling underneath them. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your patience, compassion and grace.
Dr. Becky, Dr. Schuyler and the entire Elevate Dental Wellness team