The Pinhole Surgical Technique is a minimally invasive option for treating gum recession. Unlike traditional grafting techniques, PST is incision and suture free. During the Pinhole Surgical Technique, a needle is used to make a small hole in the patient’s existing gum tissue. Through this pinhole, special instruments are used to gently loosen the gum tissue. These tools help expand and slide the gumline to cover the exposed root structure.
There are no grafts, no sutures, and no incisions needed with the Pinhole Surgical Technique. It simply involves the adjustment of the existing tissue.
The benefits of the Pinhole Surgical Technique are many:
- Less discomfort during and after the procedure
- Healing within a few days of surgery
- No need for uncomfortable sutures
- No need for scalpels or invasive surgical tools
- No need to take donor tissue from the patient's palate or the use of cadaver skin
- Excellent, natural-looking, beautiful and healthy long-lasting results
- Correction of multiple teeth in one appointment
Dr. Rebecca Steinbach is a certified Pinhole Surgical Technique practitioner.