Different people have different symptoms of OSA, some mild and some more serious. Common symptoms of OSA include:
- Snoring: Most people with OSA snore (but not everyone who snores has OSA).
- Daytime sleepiness: If you have OSA, you likely don't get high-quality sleep at night, which can make you sleepy during the day. You may doze off at work or even fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Pauses in breathing: People with OSA wake up suddenly after these breathing pauses, often gasping and choking. If you share a bed with someone, he or she may notice these noises.
- Difficulties with memory and concentration
- Unusual moodiness or irritability
- Frequently waking up to urinate at night
- Morning headaches
- Dry mouth