You’ve scheduled an appointment for a dental cleaning and checkup with an Aspen Dentist. Congratulations… you’ve made a wise decision that will have a positive impact on your oral health! Since you’re investing your valuable time in a visit, you’ll want to take steps to maximize your return on that investment.
Here are some tips for getting all you can out of your session with the hygienist and dentist:
- Do some pre-visit prep. Your dental care team is eager to address any questions you have about your oral health. Take a few minutes the day before your appointment to put together a list of things you’d like to discuss. Should I be concerned that my gums bleed when I floss? Is whitening safe for my teeth? Why are my teeth becoming more sensitive? If you’re looking for an Aspen dental office, your dentist and hygienist can get you the answers you’re looking for.
- Provide information on any health changes. Your oral health, general physical health, and emotional health are very much interrelated. Telling your dentist about recent changes in any area can help them understand why they are seeing what they’re seeing in your mouth. For example, a stressful period at work might explain why they are noticing evidence of clenching and grinding.
- Update your dental care team on your medications. Prescription drugs and even some supplements can impact your oral health. For example, certain medications can lead to conditions that increase tooth decay. Others can result in increased bleeding during a cleaning or procedure. It’s important for your dentist to know what you are taking.
- Take your dentist’s advice. Your Aspen dentist and hygienist will give you helpful advice on how to improve your home care and keep your mouth healthy. Making a mental note of these instructions and following them will lead to a great checkup next time.
- Be honest about your home care and oral habits. We all want to report that we brush and floss as much as we should, we avoid foods and beverages that are bad for our teeth, etc. But, those things aren’t always true. Your dentist understands! They’re not looking to judge your behavior—they just want to be able to make an accurate assessment of your oral health and provide encouragement as needed.
- Visit your dentist regularly. The keys to optimal oral health are great home care and seeing your Aspen dentist every six months. The benefit of regular visits is that each helps produce more positive results at the next. And they decrease the need for fillings and other procedures in between checkups!
Helping You Maintain Your Stunning Smile
Your Aspen dental office care team at Elevate is a tremendous resource for you as you look to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Be sure to take full advantage of our skill and experience when you come in for a visit. Ready to get your next checkup on the calendar? Visit elevatewillits.com or call 970-279-5647 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Steinbach or Dr. Van Gorden.
We’ve proudly provided comprehensive dental care to Basalt, Aspen, Carbondale, and surrounding Colorado areas for 25 years.